Tue, May 10|
#PreventionHappensHere Summit 2022 May 8 - May 14
Berlin Prevention Work's #PreventionHappensHere summit series of week-long events in celebration of SAMHSA's National Prevention Week (NPW) to raise awareness about the importance of substance use prevention and positive mental health.
Time & Location
May 10, 2022, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
About the event
#PreventionHappensHere Summit Virtual
SAMHSA's NPW-sponsored events are hosted via a virtual platform you may access here.
Monday, May 9th, from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
SAMHSA's 18th Annual Prevention Day Strengthening Community Resilience. Attendees may join virtually through an interactive online conference platform. Hear from prevention leaders; learn about the latest developments in mental illness and substance abuse prevention, treatment, and recovery; network with other practitioners; and sharpen your skills.
- Key Program: "Social Marketing 101 and Prevention”
- Speaker: SAMHSA Prevention Specialist & Social Marketing Experts
- Description: Social marketing can help you be more strategic in educating people in your community about the importance of prevention, engaging new partners, and calling your audience to action in building a healthier community. The session will feature insights, examples, and practical advice from seasoned social marketing experts and SAMHSA prevention specialists. You’ll walk away with resources to help you get started and move forward!
Tuesday, May 10th, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
BPW attendees are encouraged to attend the Communities Talk Town Hall to Prevent Underage Drinking webinar hosted via the SAMHSA Event platform here.
- Key Program: "Communities Talk Town Hall to Prevent Underage Drinking"
- Speaker: SAMHSA Prevention Specialist
Wednesday, May 11th from 12:00 pm- 1:00 pm
BPW attendees are encouraged to attend the Generation RX Webinar hosted by MD Rural Opioid Technical Assistance. Generation RX is a nationwide educational initiative to promote safe medication practices to prevent the misuse of prescription drugs. This program offers resources designed to educate people of all ages within our community.
- Key Program: Generation RX
- Speaker: Maryland ROTA
- Meeting ID: 974 5507 7291
Thursday, May 12th, from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm
BPW attendees are encouraged to attend the "What Do You Consider Lethal" live zoom hosted by Berlin Prevention Works and Impact Teen Drivers. Participants will receive a T-shirt.
- Key Program: "What Do You Consider Lethal?
- Speaker: Ms. Racquel Johnson
- Description: Parents are the number one influencers of their teens’ attitudes and behaviors. Get ready for a high-energy and interactive presentation, sharing real stories that connect with caregivers/parents and teens, empowering them with evidence-based strategies to keep themselves and others safe.
Friday, May 13th, from 6:30pm -7:30pm
BPW attendees are encouraged to attend the "There's Power in Pausing" virtual mindfulness webinar hosted by Berlin Prevention Works and Berlin's own, Andrea Nikki Burrell. Participants will be eligible for BPW'S thirty-minute weekly Wednesday 7 pm session throughout May for Mental Health Awareness Month with Nikki!
- Title: "There's Power in Pausing"
- Speaker: Ms. Andrea Nikki Burrell
- Description: Certified social-emotional learning facilitator with mindful movements embedded into wellness practices. Interactive workshops will focus on self-care; participants will have the opportunity to identify ways in which stress shows up in their lives; explore and practice practical self-care tips for stress reduction; and engage in a gentle, relaxing, mindful movement chair flow. Participants should dress comfortably and have a yoga mat and a journal (or note-taking app) handy.